Throwback Thursday - Ron Harper
Ron Harper fast fact!!
- DOB: 20 January 1964
- He has a twin and they were the youngest of six kids growing up in Dayton, Ohio
- Draft pick number 8 for the Cleveland Cavs in 1986, he broke 30 points in just his sixth game, with 34 against the Sacramento Kings. In his fourth season, 1989-90, after seven games with the Cavaliers, on November 16, 1989 he was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- He later played for the Chicago Bulls under a lucrative free agent deal, who were rebuilding after the first retirement of Michael Jordan. In 1995-96, Harper's 10th NBA season, he played in and started 80 games, with his playing time increasing to 23.6 minutes per game and his scoring average to 7.4 ppg.
- After following Phil Jackson to the Lakers in 1999, he racked up his further NBA championship ring and won another the following
- Harper has battled stuttering for most of his life, and donates his time to the National Stuttering Association to encourage others with this problem to not let it hinder them.