2017 NBA Draft Picks - Lakers, Sixers and Celtics Big Winners
The 2017 NBA draft is still underway but we have the big picks already! let's take a look because this is where collectors will be concentrating their $$$ in the months to come;
1. Philadelphia - Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington
The 76ers traded up to get the top overall pick in this year’s draft and Fultz should be a good fit alongside Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. Fultz can play in either backcourt spot, and people have compared him to Dwyane Wade because of his combination of scoring, passing and athleticism.
2. Los Angeles Lakers - Lonzo Ball, PG, UCLA
There were no surprises with the second selection either as the Lakers went with 6-foot-6 point guard Lonzo Ball. He was always expected to be Magic Johnson’s first selection as team president. Ball could give the Lakers the opportunity to go back to the “Showtime” Lakers of Johnson’s time as his ability to push the pace in transition and move the ball around the court ups the pace.
3. Boston - Jayson Tatum, SF, Duke
This is where it got interesting because the Celtics — after trading down with Philadelphia — had to decide between a pair of small forwards in Tatum and Josh Jackson. They took Tatum, the better scorer of the two options and who has drawn comparisons to former Indiana Pacers star Danny Granger. At 6-foot-8 with a 6 foot-11 wingspan, he could play as a stretch forward eventually, and gives the Celtics some additional scoring punch — something they need alongside Isaiah Thomas.
The rest of the Top 10 are listed below;
4. Phoenix picked Josh Jackson, SF, Kansas
5. Sacramento picked De’Aaron Fox, PG, Kentucky
6. Orlando picked Jonathan Isaac, PF, Florida State
7. Chicago picked Lauri Markkanen, PF, Arizona
8. New York picked Frank Ntilikina, PG, France
9. Dallas picked Dennis Smith, PG, North Carolina State
10. Portland picked Zach Collins, C, Gonzaga